When we look to develop or change processes in our business how many of us get
- Or do you just find it’s easier to put things ON-HOLD?
Making decisions on processes should never be put off. Why? It’s simple, businesses need to have the correct processes in place to ensure that they stay ahead, maximise profits and reduce unnecessary costs.
With this in mind, I find that none of the above work for me! If I’m sold, it’s usually what someone wants to sell me. If I’m told, it’s usually someone else’s version of what I need. And if I do nothing, well, I never achieve what I wanted to do in the first place.
So, what do you do? Here’s are 6 steps you should follow that make it easier to change business processes and get it right time after time.
- Gather and understand what you think the business needs. Then explain it. Find someone unrelated to the business or process and explain it to them. If they don’t understand it then it’s not simple enough. This will be the same when speaking to potential suppliers.
- “Ask WHY! It’s much better to question any process internally before going to market. If you don’t know why you need something then the likelihood is you’ll be SOLD or TOLD.
- Be honest, if you can’t be honest then the likelihood is it goes ON-HOLD. Being honest about why things are done and the benefit to the business of change will massively increase the success of any business process enhancement.
- Be strong, once you know what is required don’t change or move the goal posts. You can always add to something later, it’s better to deliver a new process completely than tweak or continually move the requirement. This only ever results in a project ON-HOLD moment.
- Find the right company to work with. Pre-conceived ideas from any supplier about what solution will be used will result in SOLD.
- Once you’ve found the right company repeat steps 1,2,3 and 4. Then deliver using both yours and your chosen supplier’s expertise.
Since 2007, YourDMS has helped numerous businesses by enhancing their administrative processes or removing inefficiencies. Our knowledge and ability to translate and deliver technology simplifies the way organisations work and has been proven effective time and time again. When you reach step 5 let’s talk.